Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh where oh where have you been?


Life has been hectic, especially for a so-called empty nester. Two baby birds have come home to roost with all their paraphernalia. Rach did not come home, but we helped her move from one apartment to another. (Her two former roommates are in the process of leaving Lincoln.) I have missed writing blogs on so many things, but will catch everyone up on our lives in Lincoln over the next couple weeks. After that , I am off to Minoa to stay with Dad for a month. Leaving home for a month takes quite a bit of preparation; I didn't realize how important I am :)

Stay tuned....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not you in that picture. You would never where a shirt like that, or lipstick. Your hair is more gray, and your eyes are not crooked. Can't fool me. I do feel your pain. I was hoping to hear that life would eventually calm down for me. Not too calm, though. Grampy is bored out of his mind. I swear he just sits and stares when no one is there. I'm glad you will be there. He asks often when you will arrive. You are his favorite, after all! Hell, you've earned it!

The Mad Tern said...

I'm with you! The "empty nester" stereotypes are not true. We are not exactly sitting around with nothing to do either. We just moved one home and now must prepare to move him to Germany! The other is accelerating toward an August graduation and the ranks of the college-educated unemployed.

Mau, any chance of getting Grampy hooked on reading? CNN gets repetitive after the first half-hour, but a variety of good books could shorten the perceived recovery time.

Rachel said...

Dad informed me that when you leave in 2 weeks, he's only going to do his own laundry and all of his children are on their own...... so you will be missed!!!! :)

Gale said...

We are looking forward to having you around for a month. I can't imagine all that needs to be done for a month away, I don't envy that task.