Sunday, April 20, 2008

Vrrrm Vrmmm...





Last Thursday, Dan picked up his new Mini Cooper. It was manufactured in Great Britain and then shipped across the ocean. To protect the cars from the ocean salt, they are covered with wax. Once in the States at the distribution center, the wax is removed, collected, and reused as a fuel to operate the wax removal machine. We picked up Dan's Mini in Omaha at the closest Mini dealer.


As with any new car, it was cleaned and prepped; unfortunately, we had rain all day Thursday so the Mini had quite a christening on the way to Lincoln. So, Dan and I cleaned it again on Saturday. Since he has only 3 weeks left of college, his Mini will sit in our garage because a parking permit is required at the university. We are very tempted to take it for a spin!! It is really cute!




Dan is quickly learning that car owners face a lot of expenses; luckily, he landed an internship doing product development in optics at LI-COR for the summer. Now all he has to do is finish his present coursework, graduate, earn some money, and head off to Rochester in his Mini!


7 comments:

Gale said...

OMG, I am going to Rochester just to get a ride. I mean, I can't wait to go visit Dan in Rochester. He can drive me over to visit Z.
Love the color.

Anonymous said...

Z has wheels! Thanks, Dan!

Amie said...

I always loved Minis! And I have never been in one, so I would love a ride!

Leigh Leigh said...

This is awesome! Every time that I see one on the road I want it. I think they are such cool cars. I can't wait to hear if they are as cool in person and worth the purchase. I want one even more now.

Unknown said...

Look how utterly cute it is! Can't get over its insane adorableness. : o ) (And Dan looks genuinely happy alongside said adorableness so this is a definite bonus.)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

He can fit in that? I think my nees would be hitting the volume and window controls!